Mortgage Payment Protection


What is it?

A Mortgage Payment Protection plan is designed to ensure that you are able to continue to make your mortgage (and other related expenditure) payments in the event of accident, sickness or unemployment. It is often referred to as Accident, Sickness and Unemployment cover or ASU. These plans usually pay benefits for up to two years however, if you are seeking a plan that pays for a longer period, then Income Protection Insurance is generally more suitable.

It’s worth noting that there is currently no legal requirement to have such cover and potential mis-selling of these products has generated much interest from the media and the industry regulator in recent years. However, this doesn’t mean that they are not right for some people and can provide valuable protection in the right circumstances.


Who is it for?

This type of plan is designed for those who are worried about being able to continue their mortgage payments in the event of losing income due to accident, sickness or unemployment.

It is extremely important that you take  financial advice before taking out this type of plan as they are not always the best nor cheapest option.


This payment Protection Insurance is optional.There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about Insurance, please visit The Money Advice Service web site.

For Accident, Sickness and Unemployment plans (ASU) and Mortgage Payment Protection we act as introducers only.

Copyright © 2015 Capital Home Finance Ltd. All Rights Reserved



Capital Home Finance Ltd is an appointed representative of Sesame Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority .

Registered in England No: 7023169.

Registered Office: 8 Gretton Close, Peterborough PE2 7WD.


This site is only directed at persons within the UK. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring.


For mortgages we can be paid by commision, or a fee of usually £499 or a combination of both.